General Last updated: 7th February 2020
We collect information from and about users of our App directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically when you use the App.
What features we use
UPayMe accepts mobile devices with Near Field Communications (NFC) feature, a type of contactless, wireless technology used for sending information or making payments. UPayMe will be allowed to display credit card information using the NFC feature available in your device.
When you download, register with or use the App, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information and data from you (the “Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, information such as name, mobile number, e-mail address, user name, password, payment and financial data and any other information the App collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under the applicable law or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. We may also collect information that you provide to us which is about you but individually does not identify you, such as: -
- information that you provide by filling in forms in the App;
- information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- information you provide when you report a problem with the App;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail address and phone number), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders, as well as financial information before placing an order through the App; or your search queries on the App.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information and services that you request from us;
- operate our business, including informing you about your account or provide security updates;
- improve your experience with our products and services;
- notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any services we offer or provide through it;
- to contact you via emails for newsletters or other marketing/promotional materials;
- Comply with applicable laws or respond to lawful legal process from law enforcement and government agencies
Disclosure of Your Information
Except as described in this policy, we will not, without your permission, sell, publish or disclose information you entrust to us that identifies you or any person.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- to third parties that market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of UPayMe, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and preventing resp. opposing misuse of the service
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App. Security of your data stored on your mobile device or accessed other than through a UPayMe online service is your responsibility.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may have access to or change your Personal Information in our possession or control through your profile within your UPayMe Account. We reserve the right to decline requests that jeopardize the security and privacy of the personal information of others as well as requests that are impractical or not made in good faith. Additionally, it is important to note that system-recorded Personal Information is not editable. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. To the extent permitted by law, we may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes required by laws.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
UPayMe treats all of your Personal Data with the utmost care for your privacy and security. However, for purposes of providing its services to you, UPayMe may store your Personal Data on servers of third parties or disclose your Personal Data to third parties who provide products or services to you or us (e.g. our credit card processing company or third party vendors accessible through our App). By using and providing information to us through our service, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your data with us in connection with the service.