Frequently asked questions
1. How do I apply for a UPayMe merchant account?
To sign up for a merchant account, you should first get in touch with our customer service at 03-7661 6211 or email@example.com. Our sales team will then contact you as soon as we can.
2. What are the merchant benefits of UPayMe?
You’ll be able to catapult your business to newer heights, conduct business in a seamless, efficient and quick manner, as well as receive secure payments. Our sales team would be assisting you when you sign up with us, you don’t have to experience the confusion of signing up as a merchant.
3. Do I have to go through a verification process to be a merchant?
Yes, our sales team will assist you through the verification process.
4. I am facing issues in registering as a merchant. Can someone from UPayMe help me?
Our sales team will assist you throughout the registration process to minimize potential issues that could be faced. However, if you have any further queries, please feel free to contact our customer service at 03-7661 6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How do I receive payments from UPayMe?
Payments will be credited to the company bank account provided in the merchant registration form.
6. How do I know if the payment from a customer is successfully completed?
When the payment is successfully performed by a customer, the record will appear in the back-end merchant portal instantly. Merchants can check the transaction on the portal anytime.
Registration & charges
7. How do I view my sales and payments?
You will be provided with a merchant username and password to able to access to a back-end merchant portal to view as well as check your sales and payments.
8. Are there any merchant registration fees?
Yes. We will be charging a one-time setup fee of RM 288.00
9. How long is the merchant settlement period?
It will take around 2-3 business days for settlements to be transferred to your account.
1. What is UPayMe?
UPayMe is a mobile app for users to pay to merchants anytime, anywhere through a range of online payment modes.
2. How do I sign up for UPayMe?
Simple! Just download UPayMe app from the App Store or Google Play Store and follow the required steps to sign up when you launch the app.
3. What are the minimum system requirements to download UPayMe on my device?
Your device must be compatible with the following operating system:
- Android 4.1 and above
- Apple iOS 11.0 and above
4. What can I use UPayMe to pay for?
You can use UPayMe to pay for your groceries, food, shopping and much more.
5. I Can’t Download UPayMe On My New Huawei Phone. What Should I Do?
Due to US government restrictions, new Huawei device models made available to the public after May 16, 2019, will not be able to utilize Google's apps and services. We will update you when UPayMe is made available on new Huawei devices. Read more from Google here: https://support.google.com/android/thread/29434011?hl=en
1. How do I make a payment with UPayMe?
- Open the app
- Select the merchant you want to pay to
- Enter details such as email and account / mobile number
- Enter the amount and click ‘Pay Now’
- Confirm on the payment summary
- Accept the acknowledgments
- You will be redirected to UPay payment gateway to complete the payment
2. How will I know if a payment is successful?
After completing your payment at UPay payment gateway, you will be redirected back to the app. The status of your payment, whether successful or not will be shown on the screen.
3. What payment methods are accepted with UPayMe?
You can make cashless payments via online banking, credit or debit card.
4. Is UPayMe safe to be used?
Yes, it is. Payments are done via our proprietary payment gateway UPay, which is ultra-secure and is PCI DSS compliant.
5. What should I do if my Internet connection gets cut off or there is a power trip at the point of performing a transaction?
Should you experience any interruption at any stage while performing a transaction with UPayMe, we advise you to check the transaction status by checking your payment history to confirm whether the transaction was successful or not. If you do find any discrepancies, you can contact us at 03-7661 6211 or email@example.com.
Account & security
1. Can I deactivate my account?
Yes, you may deactivate your account. Please contact our customer service at 03-7661 6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org to deactivate your account. Customer service will assist you in deleting your account from our back-end and you will receive an email once your account has been deactivated.
2. Is my personal information protected?
3. What is PCI DSS compliance?
Our payment gateway UPay, is certified Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant, and is the highest level for the security standard. PCI DSS is an international standard for companies that handle credit cardholders’ data to adhere to. Adhering to the standard requires organizations to take numerous security measures such as using firewalls, anti-spyware, anti-malware programs to keep cardholders’ data secure.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Contact us via any one of the channels below.